Sunday 9 March 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush review

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Radient Magenta
You know you're a desperate beauty blogger when you find yourself in the isle of Liberty of London waiting to get your hands on the new release Ambient Lighting blush the day before you are leaving on a three week, very expensive holiday! But this I just had to have. 


I had been stalking all the USA sites for swatches of these before they were released in the UK, and as soon as Temptalia  had all six blushes swatched I was on the Liberty site for pre ordering! It was a tough decision, but as three of them were fairly pale hues (Ethereal glow, Dim Infusion and Luminous flush) I thought they would not work on my medium toned skin. I ended up opting for Radiant Magenta, which is a golden fuchsia shade which has fuchsia and golden shimmer marbled through the blush. They are similar to the Ambient lighting powders, in that instead of leaving a coloured hue like a normal blush, they leave more of a glow to the cheek, which is not shimmery or glittery, that seem to blend in with the rest of your makeup and provide more of a "flush" rather than a full on cheek colour. 


Even though the colour Radient Magenta looks fuchsia in the pan, when it is swiped on the cheek it is  a much more subtle pink glow, and I find they look decidedly different again from a swatch on the hand to blended on the cheek. Whilst it does have golden marble etched through the blush, the shimmer does not transfer to the cheek. 


I wasn't as blown away by these in comparison to the Ambient Lighting powders, I much prefer those and use mine on a daily basis. I do find with the Ambient Lighting powders that the Hourglass brush works much better with them than any brush I own, so I would be interested to know if it makes the same difference with the blush. I find myself reaching for this blush for more of a simple day-time look, as it looks natural whilst imparting a healthy glow to the face. Im interested in trying the blush in Mood Exposure which looks like more of a plum shade. 

Have you tried these blushes? 

Available from Liberty of London for £28.00. 

2 comments:

  1. This blush looks gorgeous! I have had my eyes on the Ambient Lighting Powders and BLushers for so long but i have no idea which ones to go for. I am off to London in a few weeks so i can't wait to take a peek at them in person :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these everywhere and really want to try them out. I think it's because they are so pretty. Sucker for pretty things. Xx

    ReplyDelete