Sunday 9 February 2014

Morning Skincare Favourites

I am one of those annoying people that go to the gym every morning before work. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people that look glamorous whilst working out and usually emerge from my post workout shower looking like a red, blotchy mess. Enter, my morning skincare favourites. 

At the recommendation of the skincare guru Caroline Hirons, I purchased the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel which was a revelation to my morning skincare. A light gel, this cleanser has a bright, uplifting scent and a gel to creme texture that wipes away any morning after makeup or sweat (charming!) and leaves the skin feeling clean, smooth and revitalised. This cleanser is particularly good for dry or sun damaged skin (shout out to any aussies!) as its utilises Vitamin A as well as Vitamin C and E for their soothing and restorative properties. 
Oskia Renaissance Cleansing gel is £32.50 from Cult Beauty

Mario Badescu Facial Spray
At this stage in my routine I am still quite hot, and I do have skin prone to redness. Another Caroline Hirons enabled purchase is the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater, which I spritz all over my face as a refreshing and super hydrating toner. I had not used a toner previously in my morning routine and since introducing this spray I have noticed a big change in my skin. My skin is much more hydrated, plumper, dry patches have disappeared and my skin is much smoother- making makeup application a dream. The smell is great too- a definite must have. 
Mario Badescu Facial Spray is £6.98 from BeautyBay.com


Following on to this I use an eye cream (haven't found a favourite yet... suggestions welcome!) and then use my Ren Ever Calm Anti-Redness Serum. This serum is used to reduce redness, boost cell lifesan and hydration levels and keeps skin looking younger. I can't vouch for all those results but I can say it definitely acts as a moisture booster and calms my skin down after a tough workout. 
Ren Ever Calm Anti Redness Serum is £28 from Renskincare.com

What are your skincare favourites? 




3 comments:

  1. I wish I had the motivation to go to the gym every morning! These all sound like great products
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made me want to try the Oskia cleanser even more! Defo on my end of month purchase list, I'd love to try the Mario Badescu products I've heard some great things about the products x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I'll have to be picking up the cleanser! I've been stuck on Liz Earle for a while now

    Jenn www.BarelyThereBeauty.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete