Sunday 15 September 2013

Sunday Funday

I am one of those people that prefer Sundays to be my day of relaxation.... sleep in, coffee in bed, Pilates class, brunch and whiling the afternoon away watching you-tube beauty videos (I am OBSESSED) 

Of course this day of relaxation means some in depth beauty time, not only do my nails get their weekly paint job but I always set aside some time for a face mask. Depending on how my skin is feeling, these are a few face masks that are currently doing the cha cha in my bathroom:

*From left to right clockwise, Origins Drink Up Intensive, Dead Sea Spa Magik Mud Mask, Clinique Turnaround Instant Facial, Oskia Renaissance Mask*

The Origins mask is a new addition to my stash, and is currently in the running to be my firm favourite. Its fantastic for my combination-dry skin and is far easier to use- just rub in and leave on overnight and  in the morning my skin feels hydrated, smooth & refreshed. It includes Hyaluronic Acid as one of its key ingredients which I love, and is why my skin feels so smooth the next morning. 


The Mud Mask I tend to use sparingly, and only when I have broken out. My chin is a known blemish hub and I would normally pop this on around that area, and use the Oskia one over the rest of my face. The mud draws out all the impurities and gets rid of all the excess oil to give clearer skin. I personally find it too dry for my whole face but if you do have oily skin then this would be great for you.
The Oskia mark I use very regularly, it gives a welcome boost of hydration and I find it plumps my skin and seems to give it a boost that the week of city working and tube travel have sapped out of it.
Finally the Clinique one I was given free with a purchase of some other Clinique goodies, this one is an manual exfoliating mask and has a gritty texture, so is great to get rid of any dry bits of skin or leftover fake tan! I tend to use this one if my skin is looking a bit dull and needs some clearing up.

Let me know what face masks you would recommend!

2 comments: